Clay Kittrell rejoined SSA Consultants as a collaborating consultant in 2017 after spending over 9 years in Human Resources with Entergy Corporation. He began his career working with Deloitte Consulting, leading software integration projects for clients in selected industries and assisting with efforts to refine the Deloitte Consulting reengineering methodology, Reengineering for Results™. After spending five years managing Human Resources, Finance, and other administrative areas of the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office as the Director of Administration, he joined SSA Consultants. During Clay’s tenure at SSA, he focused on organizational effectiveness, strategic planning and business process improvement and led multiple organizational design projects in both public and private sector organizations. He was also tasked to lead a technology start-up where SSA had an interest, and his work resulted in significant advancements in product development, fundraising, and intellectual property development (including two patents where Clay is named as an inventor).
With a strong background in technology, process improvement and human resources management, Clay has experience leading and directing transformational change. Some of his notable projects include:
- Oversight of the development of a new strategic leadership development program at Entergy.
- Integration of SAP SuccessFactors modules supporting talent processes, including performance management, talent assessment and succession planning at Entergy
- Managed Human Resources support for the launch of a significant innovation initiative for Entergy; resulting in $200M in projected annual savings
- Led HR support for a Human Capital Inititiave affecting the Nuclear Division at Entergy (6000 employees), resulting in significant job redesign, employee selections and employee separations.
- Led the business unit support for the “Employee Matters” team within a potential merger involving the Entergy Transmission business unit
- Led efforts to integrate software and to improve customer service within a large life insurance company
- Led efforts to develop and launch a new electronic signature product, including fundraising in Silicon Valley, CA
- Led efforts to develop and launch call center information systems within a major health insurance company
- Led imaging and workflow solution development at the MS Secretary of State’s Office.
Clay graduated from Millsaps College as a Magna Cum Laude graduate and received his MBA from Purdue University. He is currently a candidate for his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) at the University of Florida.
Master of Business Administration, Purdue University
Bachelor of Science in Economics, Millsaps College
Senior Leadership Program, Center for Creative Leadership
Human Resources Management
Technology Strategy and Integration
Louisiana Department of Children and Families
City of New Orleans
Blue Cross Blue Shield